Orange – Lithgow – Orange Training Ride
16 and 17 September 2017
- Day 1 – 154km
- 6:30am – sign on and gear drop off at east side of Jack Brabham Park[MB1]
- 7:00am – Depart with Saturday bunch
- Route – http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/copy/1250360332/
- Forest Road – Forest Reefs – Tallwood – Browns Creek – Blayney – Newbridge – Perthville – The Lagoon – Tarana (via Mutton Falls Road) – Sodwalls – Lake Lyell – Lithgow (Commercial Hotel)
- Day 2 – 128km
- 8.30am – Assemble Commercial Hotel Carpark
- 8.45am – depart as a group
- Route –http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1250357326
- Lake Lyell – Sodwalls – Tarana – Brewongle (via Tarana Road) – Bathurst – Eglington – Ophir Road – White Rocks Road – Orange (Canobolas Hotel)
- This is an OCTC training ride. All riders must be members of OCTC (Triathlon or Cycling) and must carry all required spares, food, water, etc. Riders are expected to support each other on the road. No riders should be left alone on the road.
- There will be a car travelling from Orange to Lithgow on Saturday, returning on Sunday. Riders are welcome to drop a small bag at the departure point each day. The car may be able to collect riders who suffer a mechanical on the road.
- Morning tea and lunch will be provided – meeting points TBA.
- Water, food and coffee is available at the major towns/villages only.
Booking, Accommodation and Dinner
- Bookings can be made at – http://www.active.com/orange-nsw/cycling/programs/orange-lithgow-orange-training-weekend-2017 [MB2]
- Places are limited – first in best dressed.
- Accommodation options and cost (including lunch, morning tea and a donation to Give me 5 for kids.[MB3]
- Commercial Hotel – http://www.pubrooms.com.au/item/commercial-hotel-motel-lithgow-nsw/
- Lithgow Workies (1km from Commercial Hotel) – https://www.workies.com.au/stay
- Motel rooms – ensuite bathrooms (twin share)………………………… $165[MB6]
- Dinner at the Commercial Hotel from 6.30pm (pay as you go)