Orange Cycle Club Child Protection Arrangements for Juniors Sessions at Orange Velodrome
OCC Junior Members
The Orange Cycle Club runs a junior members club that meet every fortnight. Whether the children are members or not they are free to come and attend cycle skills training as long as they are accompanied by a parent. Please check our events calendar for the next scheduled junior cycle skills event.
The aim of the junior cycle skills program is to build skills, keep children active, encourage a family atmosphere, expose children to as many cycling disciplines as possible and develop those children that show an interest in competitive cycling.
Cycle skills program
This training program aims to give the kids some basic skills such as; starting off, breaking and stopping, steering accurately, and riding one-handed, whilst having fun in a safe environment.
The program has been put together by Cycling Australia and volunteers. The volunteers have been trained to run the cycle skills program. First aid training has also been taken by those running the program.
The children also conduct individual time trials cycling around the velodrome track where their times are recorded and improvements for each session are noted.
A handicap race is also run for interested children that have undergone their cycle skills program.
At the end of each season, junior members are presented with a certificate of achievement and applicable awards.
Other junior cycling events & locations
Most weeks the juniors meet at the Orange velodrome where the cycle skills and track riding takes place.
The club also allows for alternative events such as; mountain bike riding, BMX, road, criterium and triathlon events. Varying locations in Orange may also be used depending on which event is being run. Please refer to our events calendar for further details of each event.
Occasionally the Orange Cycle Club runs a BBQ after the Sunday afternoon event, where children can be fed and worn out, ready to take home for bed.
Please bring some pocket change for a few sausage sandwiches and drinks to help cover club expenses.
The children are graded considering their; age, size, skill and physical ability. The grading is done in such a way so the children feel comfortable in their groups and if there is any required training, it can be conducted for each grade.
Children membership starts as low as $16. Junior race licenses which allow them to compete in the official junior race events are more expensive.
Please ask officials at the next Junior Cycle Skills event for a membership form to fill out.
OCC Junior News
- Moulder Park Velodrome Come and join the fun and learning with the Orange Cycle Club. $20 for the term and join CNSW OCTC (member fees apply). Tiny tots, little people,...
- Temperature :15′ Wind : NNW 13 kmh Held on the Forest & Huntley Rds circuit . 1 lap = 22kms Some tough racing for some . Well done to everyone...
- NSW Country Junior Championships – Saturday 9 July Ten OCC juniors headed down to Sutherland for the NSW Junior Champs. All riders gave it their all and it was a...
- We had 11 Juniors head down to the Gwen French Memorial Junior 2 Day Tour in Wagga. The kids finished with three medals and a whole bag of great memories...
- At last, Track Season is here with racing commencing on Tuesday 27th Juniors - sign on from 4.30pm, racing 5.00pm to 6.00pm Seniors - sign on from 5.45pm, warm up...
- Nine juniors (and their families) from the Orange Cycle Club headed up to the NSW Junior Road Championships on the weekend of 15 and 16 August. The weekend consisted...
- Ten OCC juniors headed down to Wagga for the Wagga Two Day Junior Tour. Each of them did really well and a great weekend was had by kids and parents...
- Twelve OCC riders headed down to the Goulburn Junior Tour this weekend. The tour consisted of a prologue and road race in Breadalbane on Saturday and an ITT and road...