Ten OCC juniors headed down to Wagga for the Wagga Two Day Junior Tour. Each of them did really well and a great weekend was had by kids and parents alike. A few of the highlights were as follows.
- Nick , Gydian and Charlie all did brilliantly in the participation races. These kids ride off by themselves, have to navigate both the road and riding as a bunch, all the while managing gear selection and tactics – and all at the tender age of 6 and 7!
- Anja as a first year U11 has really stepped up and the grin when told that she beat her bigger sister in the ITT was priceless.
- Amelia is new to this whole bike racing game and has really come along in leaps and bounds. She handled some equipment issues with class and should be proud of herself.
- Cennedi is the Queen of the U11 girls, always competitive an rises to the occasion for every race.
- Thapelo is another new starter. He has also come ahead in leaps and bounds and beat a couple home on the weekend. Well done Thapelo
- Xavier as always rode strongly, putting a big move in during the last lap of the crit – only to take a short cut and get DQ’d. He also handled the disappointment with class. Good on ya mate.
- Damo was his usual consistent self, rode really well and bought yet ANOTHER winners jersey – better get a bigger cupboard Damo
- Micah has stepped up to the U13 age group and is discovering that the competition gets pretty tough! He showed grit and determination all weekend, particularly to hold off the bunch in the Crit.